A Catalogue of Greek Manuscripts from the Meerman Collection in the Bodleian Libary
Cataldi Palau, Annaclara
Number of pages
XXXIV + 302
Bodleian Library : Oxford
Catalogue of 40 Greek manuscripts forming the Meerman Collection in the Bodleian Library. Acquired by Sir Thomas Gaisford when the library of the Dutch bibliophile Gerard Meerman were auctioned in The Hague (1824), these manuscripts had belonged, for the most part, to the Jesuits of Clermont in Paris. Previous owners include Guillaume Pellicier († 1567), French ambassador to Venice (1539-42) and Sir Thomas Phillipps († 1872).